Monday, March 7, 2011

My Day at Emerald City COMICON

Well hey ya'll!  I had a particularly busy weekend spreading Steampunk joy at Emerald City Comicon.  You will never guess who I ran into there.  I had my picture taken with that well known spark about town, Miss Agatha Heterodyne, star of the award winning gaslight fantasy, Girl Genius.  I had a little chat with the creators of my favorite online comic, Phil and Kaja Folio, who encouraged me to meet up with them at NorWesCon in April.  I am all aflutter to renew my acquaintance at the Northwest's largest fantasy and science fiction convention.

 I also made the acquaintance of many other charming folks.  One of these was the lovely and elegant Miss Ivy of Klondike Penny's Old Time Portraits.  This energetic young woman is creating beautiful and sensual old time photographs for the discerning lady or gentleman.  We must have made quite a splash, since more than twenty people asked to snap a picture with us during a ten minute conversation.  Perhaps I will be able to post some examples of this pretty proprietress' gorgeous work.

I also had a chat with the reigning doyen of Seattle Steampunk, Ms. Diana Vick.  I admired her beautiful illustrations as we conversed about the upcoming SteamCon III in October.  The theme is sparking all kinds of wonderful costume and accessory creativity in the Steampunk community.  Diana was wearing a particularly fetching brooch of silver filigree with a menacing cephalopod, completely appropriate for the Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea theme. I know I will be looking for some interesting undersea accessories to add to my planned wardrobe for SteamCon, easily the best party of the season. Remember ya'll...everything's better with tentacles.

I will be stepping out with my finest hat and gloves to the Port Townsend Victorian Festival on the weekend of  March the 18th.  Of course I couldn't miss the party at NorwestCon on Easter weekend and I plan on attending some smashing events during Moisture Festival in between.  All shall be revealed to my loyal readers as I travel the world spreading Steampunk cheer and Steamposh gear wherever I go.

copyright 2011

1 comment: